This is my favorite time of year. The weather outside is so cold you can see your breath and there may be the hint of snow lingering in the air. This is is the perfect “let’s get cozy weather.” And I take full advantage.
First by lighting a fire and then by popping in the DVD player my favorite movie. Of course if I am really being lazy I will watch these on TV. (suffering through commercials making certain movies, like Harry Potter, nine hours long!)
So, if you are in the holiday mood and want to get down and cozy here is my top five movies for the holidays:
- Love Actually- Do I really need to say anything about this movie? Despite Andrew Lincoln being a bit of a stalker in this movie, he is still super adorbs!
- Harry Potter, all eight! I just feel more into the holidays when I watch these movies. Especially, when they celebrate the holidays in the movie.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation-This movie. I mean. Chevy Chase! It makes me laugh every. damn. time.
- Home Alone. This is a guilty pleasure and a classic. I love this movie so much that when I was stuck in Chicago for seven hours I was excited cause that was where the movie took place. Seriously!
- The Holiday. Because in my book no holiday is complete without a little Kate Winslet. And, yes to your question I do watch Titanic right afterwards.
Now, I know I said top five. But just like with Linkin Park, there are certain things I can not leave off of my list. So if none of the movies above do it for you here are a few more!
- Die Hard-Alan Rickman!!!! and of course Bruce Willis.
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol
- A Christmas Story
- The Nightmare before Christmas
- Joyeux Noel
- You’ve Got Mail-I know it is not really a holiday movie but still!
- A Christmas Carol with Patrick Stewart
- Father Christmas
- Not a movie but “Doctor Who’s Christmas specials”
What are you favorite movies for the holidays?
Until Next Time.