I love music, as you can tell from previous posts. This weekend while cleaning out some well grown dust from winter, I had Alexia play a playlist I had forgotten all about. This little play list had many of my favorites from the 90s! Sadly, this list will not have Linkin Park, I know I know, WHAT?! Since they are more of early 00’s they are not on this list.
But hold tight, cause you will not be disappointing.
Whether you are cleaning, studying, or simply running in place these songs are sure to brighten your day.
- Collective Soul-Tremble for my Beloved. Now I know some of you might remember this song from Twilight, but know this! It was released in 1999, soooo it was not made for Twilight.
- Third Eye Blind-Semi-charmed Life. I love this song. It always makes me smile.
- Oasis-Wonderwall. I loved not only this band but the drama behind the scenes. This song is so meaningful to me and holds so many warm memories. How could it not make the list?
- Nirvana-I can not just choose one. When they were super big, I didn’t not really acknowledge how much I really liked them. I think like the gunge movement I pretended things were not cool. Whatever. I realized the other day I REALLY LIKE this band! Here are just a couple of what I love. In Bloom. Lithium and honorable mention, All Apologies.
- Pearl Jam- Even Flow This song reminds me of so much. And having red the “Something in the Way” Series by Jessica Hawkins I rediscovered how much I love Peral Jam. Espeically Black!
- Green Day-When I come Around As with Linkin Park, no list of mine is complete without mention of Green Day. I found it really hard to choose just one, since I LOVE LOVE this band. So here is one more: Nice Guys Finish Last
- Blink 182-All the Small Things-EVERYONE should have Blink 182 on their lists. This bad is legendary, brilliant and anything else you can think of that means beyond greatness! Every time I hear a song from Blink 182 I am reminded of good times from my early years. One in particular had to do with hanging out at the beach with some friends, riding some horrific rides on the boardwalk and sneaking some beer!
- Korn-Freak On A Leash. When I lived in New Orleans I used to run listening to this song. Granted I was listening to a portable CD player that was strapped to my waist, and the headphones kept falling off this song always makes me want to run! Honorable Mention:Falling away from Me
- Weezer: Buddy Holly This was actually the first song I heard from Weezer and it is still my favorite. I mean, how can it not be.
- 311-All Mixed Up. Honorable mention :Down. This band I think was super inportant in guiding me in my musical taste. The first band I clung to was the Beastie Boys and from there it was 311. I firmly believe if it hadn’t been for 311 or the Beastie boys I might not have discovered other bands, like Linkin Park or Incubus or Papa Roach.
Honorable bands that deserve mentions!
Incubus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, 3 Doors Down, Stone Temple Pilots, Queens of the Stone Age, Butthole Surfers (Yes this is a real band!), Sonic Youth and last one, The Smashing Pumpkins.
Anything you think I should add?
Please let me know if I should add something! Or if you disagree, we could discuss this. 🙂
Until Next time!