Hey guys, like it or not winter is now upon us and I for one can not be more excited. I love love winter. I mean I really love it! I may have been born a fall baby but winter is my time of year. There is just something extraordinary about the cold, the foggy breath and the red cheeks. Around this time of year I usually knit like crazy and read a million books. Then again I read about a million books all year long, so maybe just half a mil during the winter.
Along with the weather there is so much more to winter to love. Which is why I have complied a list of my favorite things during the these wonderful winter months, that I wait all year for!
Here are just a few of the things that I love about winter:
- The holidays! though as of December 21st, Christmas is right around the corner. Still winter sets the mood, really gets the holiday spirit going for me. Winter makes the holidays cozy and warm.
- The food! Casseroles, baking, soups, roasts, bring it on! I love baking and cooking meals that take all gosh darn day. They just seem to taste better. I don’t know if more love goes in to it or what. What I do know is I am not wishing I had a BBQ so my house wouldn’t be too gosh darn hot to cook in. In addition to channeling my inner 1950’s housewife, cooking this time of year is just so aromatic. I love the smells of all spice, cloves and cinnamon. They just make everything more homey!
- The clothes! I love a good sweater and jacket topped with a cute hat and scarf. Moving to the Pacific Northwest has filled my winter dreams. I get to see my breath as early as August sometimes! Personally, I have no clue how to dress in the summer, and as you will find out in an upcoming post about my closet, I do not own shorts. I know shake your head. I personally love being hugged in a sweater and wrapped up in a scarf. BTW, I have one sitting under the tree that I am dying to wear!!!
- Cozy moments! Nothing, for me, is better then watching television or reading a book while a fire is going. Maybe cabin socks are better. Then I again, maybe not! I know cabin socks goes with clothes but they deserve a mention!
- Taking a walk in the snow! I love snow. I don’t care who knows it. I don’t build snowmen or participate in a snowball fights, I just love walking in it, being around it . I love smelling the crispness of it, and watching it eerily fall silently to the ground. Think Lorelai Gilmore, that’s how much I love snow. And while you’re thinking of her, I’ll put on a pot of coffee.
There you have it, a few of my favorite things about winter. I am sure there are many more. Right now I am off to enjoy the crisp weather!
I’d love to hear some of your favorite things about the colder weather. I bet some of your favorites are the same as mine!! Until next time.